Deacon of the Week ending March 16, 2014
assisted by David Belmore
Deacons of First Baptist Lafayette
|Vernon Albert||Steven Ancelet||Dan Barbato|
|David Belmore||Ernest Bieber||John Bolin|
|Bobby Boone||Ron Bryant||Ben Burgess|
|Truitt Calhoun||Gale Campbell||Don Carr|
|Bill Christian||Bob David||Dave Davis|
|Joseph Davis||Ken Deal||Ron Dubois|
|Don Emerson||Glenn Emfinger||Robert Farmer|
|Joe Garbarino||Boone Gilbert||Cliff Haw|
|Terrell Hebert||Kenny Hill||Lucius Hornsby|
|Tony Jeter||Ed Junk||Ken Lee|
|Joe Maniscalco||Rodney Manning||Ryan Metz|
|Jim Miller||Jeff Moncrief||Connie Moran|
|Mark Moreau||Rocco Musumeche||Bobby Philips|
|Mike Placek||Tom Poche||Ronnie Powell|
|Randy Prather||Al Pringle||Josh Proffitt|
|Bob Rhodes||Lannie Richardson||David Ross|
|Marvin Savoie||Chip Sebastian||Eric Simmons|
|Ken Sims||Dennis Smith||Elliott Smith|
|Michael L. Smith||Hartie Spence||Bob Tadlock|
|Mercury Theriot||Jeff Thomas||David Tilley|
|R.B. Trahan||Chris Vann|
Qualifications of Deacons
1. Deacons shall meet the qualifications set out in Acts 6:3 and I Timothy 3:8-13.
2. Since this church firmly believes that tithing is God's way of financing the church program, every deacon shall be a tither, as a minimum.
3. Since this church believes in total abstinence, it shall be the policy of the deacons never to engage in use, manufacture, sale or serving of any alcoholic beverage.
4. Every deacon shall be the husband of one wife. (He shall not be divorced.)
5. Every deacon shall be faithful to the five regular services of the church, i.e. Sunday School, morning worship, Discipleship Training, evening worship, and Wednesday evening prayer service, unless providentially hindered.
6. Every deacon shall accept the responsibilities of the deaconship: serving the Lord's Supper, receiving the collection, and assuming his share of the Deacon Ministry Plan. He shall cooperate with his fellow deacons and pastor. He shall attend all deacons' meetings unless providentially hindered and shall support the entire program of the church.