A Plan for the Future
We will begin a new Sunday morning schedule on January 6, 2019.
8:15 a.m. Early Worship
9:30 a.m. Sunday School
10:45 a.m. Worship
Why This Schedule?
- It gives us the best possible use of human resources (teachers, greeters, choir members, etc.) by having one Sunday School hour.
- It is of great benefit to our Youth – it will also help children and college but is particularly valuable to our Youth Ministry.
- Two services still allow some options in time and style of worship.
- There will obviously be some combining of Sunday School classes as we merge three hours into one hour.
- An advantage of this schedule is that if you need to change your worship hour for one or a few Sundays, you do not have to change Sunday School classes.
- The 8:15 a.m. worship service will include piano, organ, a small choir or ensemble, and feature hymns and traditional elements.
- The 10:45 a.m. worship service will include choir, orchestra, band and Praise Team, with more contemporary music.
To summarize, we anticipate that the 8:15 a.m. service will be more traditional than our previous 9:45 a.m. service. We also anticipate that the 10:45 a.m. service will be more contemporary than the previous 9:45 a.m. service, but less contemporary than the previous 11:11 a.m. service.
Choosing a Sunday School Class
We have organized the entire Sunday School around life-stage and age groupings in order to be most effective in the mission, purposes and tasks of Sunday School. As we consolidate three Sunday School hours into one, every class will experience some change as folks reposition for effectiveness. This is a wonderful thing because it refreshes and effectively makes every class new. We are so excited about this because new groups grow faster than established groups. What an incredible opportunity!
Therefore, adults have a choice to make about which class to attend. As you consider that choice, consider your purpose in making the choice. While we will not dictate the class you choose, we do ask you to choose strategically for the kingdom’s sake based on your age or life-stage. May God use us to make a greater impact for the sake of Christ Jesus!