- Hypothesis—Look at an event and come up with a speculative reason to explain it.
- Theory—a hypothesis that has gained ground with evidence
- —Sally doesn’t order pizza at the restaurant.
- Lactose intolerant
- Personal choice
- Mom told her to order pasta
- Secular beginnings and evolution are man’s way of answering the question without God.—Greek/Roman Mythology, Egyptian Mythology, Hindu Mythology
Modern Day Mythology—Evolution
- Missing Link
- Deep Time—The earth and universe must be old.
- Lose material with each pass
- Jan Oort explained that Comets are formed outside of the solar system and somehow are released into the solar system—Oort’s cloud—never seen or observed
- "Many scientific papers are written each year about the Oort Cloud, its properties, its origin, its evolution. Yet there is not yet a shred of direct observational evidence for its existence." Moon
- Gravitational pull of the earth
- Measuring the gravitational pull of the earth “Thomas Barnes has shown that at the current rate of decay the earth’s magnetic field would have been implausibly large much more than 10,000 years ago.”
- Magnetic reversals have some evidence—“What is left unexplained by gradual reversals over millions or billions of years is how the field is regenerated once it ceases to exist. It is assumed that some dynamo mechanism regenerates the current and hence the field, but the mechanism has not been identified.”
- Inching further away from earth.
- Go backwards, it would kiss the earth.
- Before it ever got that close, it would have upset the tides and revolutionized the way the earth looks.
- No evidence of those changes whatsoever
- Spiral Galaxies
- Light Years—creation with age/measure two way
- Evolutions believe that it takes a long time to form rock--Mount St. Helens created rock in a few days.
- Long time to erode rock—Little Grand Canyon (1982)/Canyon Lake Gorge (2002)
- How did life get here to begin with?—Aliens
- Where did matter come from?
- Takes more faith to believe in this mythology than it does to believe the Bible.
- Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned.
- What is the best way to know why she didn’t order pizza?
- Ask her directly.
- That is what we will do next time.
Faulkner, Danny R. “The Current State of Creation Astronomy” paper presented at the Fourth International Conference on Creationism
Institute for Creation Research—www.icr.org